User Password

From: Chris Forbis <chrisforbis_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 27 Jun 2002 18:54:39 -0700

I would like to check a user for a valid password without logging them into oracle. I have a connection with system to my database with a thread in my application. I would like to see if the current user has given me correct info without using the time to build a connection and all.

Can something like this be done?
SELECT IsValidPassword(thepassword,theuser) from dual;

I know this function does not exist but could I make one with what oracle gives me in 8.1.7?

Also any way to encode thepassword part before oracle send it to the database, this so a packet sniffer can not grab the password?

Thanks! Received on Thu Jun 27 2002 - 20:54:39 CDT