iFS and the computer name

From: Michael Segulja <msegulja_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 23:30:47 GMT

I have installed Oracle 9i iFS and Applicaton Server Release 2. I can browse the server with SMB by manually typing \\hostname in a command prompt, or map a drive using the net use command on a Windows client. I would like to view the server in Network Neighborhood however, and also change the name. It currently seems to be picking up the name from the hostname, dropping the domain name.

Is there a file somewhere that I can edit, similar to smb.conf in SAMBA? Is iFS actually running SAMBA, or is it Oracle's own implementation of the SMB protocol?

Thank you very much,

Michael Segulja
LMD Computing | Solutions Received on Thu Jun 27 2002 - 18:30:47 CDT