Re: Tables with heavy activity

From: Steve Ashmore <sashmore_at_neonramp.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 16:04:59 -0500

If you are not doing any updates the the data you may want to set PCTFREE to say 5%.
I typically use the default for PCTUSED - 40. You may even want to set it even lower in this situation.

You could cache the tables but the odds are that they are memory resident anyway if they are that active.
A high use table should not get pushed out of memory, assuming your DATA BUFFER Cache is large enough.
(Among other factors)

Stephen C. Ashmore
Brainbench MVP for Oracle Administration http://www.brainbench.com

Author of: 'So You Want to be an Oracle DBA?'