Re: unable to open RPC connection to external procedure agent

From: Richard Aas <richard_at_foo.bar>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 16:41:08 GMT

Khalid Eidoo wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestion Richard. I commented out the NAMES.DEFAULT_DOMAIN
> in my sqlnet.ora file. I then altered extproc_connection_data to
> extproc_connection_data.terida.com; After bouncing the listener, I am still
> getting the same error.

No... What I meant was either comment out NAMES.DEFAULT_DOMAIN _or_ alter extproc_connection_data. Doing both at the same time won't do.

Try to just comment out NAMES.DEFAULT_DOMAIN first...

> Khalid.
>
> "Richard Aas" <richard_at_foo.bar> wrote in message
>

>>Try to comment out/remove your NAMES.DEFAULT_DOMAIN entry in sqlnet.ora.
>>Or (if you need the default_domain entry) alter extproc_connection_data
>>to extproc_connection_data.your_default_domain in tnsnames.ora.
>>
>>Khalid Eidoo wrote:
>>
>>>Hi Rauf,
>>>
>>>I made the changes you suggested, however I am still having problems
>>
> with
>

>>>the listener. I restarted the listener (./lsnrctl stop FORSYS; ./lsnrctl
>>>start FORSYS), and the extproc part appears to start, but I am unable to
>>
> get
>

>>>an RPC connection. Based on the suggestions I understood from your
>>
> response,
>

>>>my .ora files look like this:
>>>
>>># LISTENER.ORA Network Configuration File:
>>>/home/oracle/config/9.0.1/listener.ora
>>># Generated by Oracle configuration tools.
>>>
>>>FORSYS =
>>>(DESCRIPTION_LIST =
>>> (DESCRIPTION =
>>> (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = forsys.terida.com)(PORT = 1521))
>>> )
>>> (DESCRIPTION =
>>> (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = ipc)(KEY = extproc))
>>> )
>>>)
>>>SAVE_CONFIG_ON_STOP_FORSYS = TRUE
>>>
>>>SID_LIST_FORSYS =
>>> (SID_LIST =
>>> (SID_DESC =
>>> (GLOBAL_DBNAME = forsys.terida.com)
>>> (ORACLE_HOME = /opt/oracle/product/9.0.1)
>>> (SID_NAME = forsys)
>>> )
>>> (SID_DESC =
>>> (SID_NAME = extproc)