How to monitor JDBC connections?

From: Peter Peltonen <peter.peltonen_at_iki.fi>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 13:13:25 GMT

Hi,

I'd like to know how I could monitor JDBC connections. I would need to know if our J2EE app is opening a lot of unnecessary connections or not.

I'm running Oracle 9iR1 on Red Hat Linux 7.2.

In /opt/oracle91/product/9.0.1/dbs/inittest.ora I have set the parameter

  license_sessions_warning=75

And I've been having error messages about exceeding the limit in the alert log.

Does this mean that the db has been hitting more than 75 simultaneous connections by our application?

Is there a better way to monitor the JDBC connections?

Regards,
Peter Received on Thu Jun 27 2002 - 08:13:25 CDT