Re: How to initiate a resumable download of Oracle 9i R2

From: Dirk Gomez <usenet_at_dirkgomez.de>
Date: 27 Jun 2002 09:44:46 +0200

Simon,

> I'm trying to download Oracle9i R2 for linux from otn.oracle.com using
> MyGetRight but it fails complaining that the server can't resume. I need to
> be able to resume the downloads because I have a slow link and expect to
> lose the connection before the download completes.
>
> Any ideas?

Use wget. It's usually part of every stock install Linux. And it does continue HTTP download by default. (see man wget).

Fire up your webbrowser, turn in cookies, login to OTN. Then fire up a shell window and run wget. If you're a mozilla user, the command line will look like this:

wget --continue --load-cookies .mozilla/default/<some weird string you have to replace>/cookies.txt
http://download.oracle.com/otn/linux/oracle9i/Linux9i_Disk1.cpio.gz

Do the same for Disk2, Disk3.

Refer to the wget man if you use another browser. If you use Netscape, it's ~/.netscape/cookies.txt.

wget is available is a Windows binary as well. The same procedure should work under Windows.

Happy downloading...Dirk Received on Thu Jun 27 2002 - 02:44:46 CDT