Copying LONG datatype data to table

From: markag <member_at_dbforums.com>
Date: 27 Jun 2002 06:14:27 GMT

HI all,

I have a table called TABLE_MAIN that has a LONG datatype column in it. I want to copy the entire table structure and it's data to a new table called TABLE_BU. I tried this:

CREATE TABLE TABLE_BU AS SELECT * FROM TABLE_MAIN and got this error:

ERROR at line 1: ORA-00997: illegal use of LONG datatype

I need a quick and dirty way to create this table and get that data into it.

TIA