Re: UNDO and Rollback tablespace

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 26 Jun 2002 16:26:31 -0700

In article <3d1a2ac3$0$8511$cc9e4d1f_at_news.dial.pipex.com>, "Niall says...

>"Pete Sharman" <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com> wrote in message
>> In article <3d19c937$0$225$ed9e5944_at_reading.news.pipex.net>, "Niall
>says...
>> >
>> >If you have code that issues set transaction use rollback segment blah
>you
>> >might get unexpected behaviour from your app.
>> >
>> Not if you set UNDO_SUPPRESS_ERRORS=TRUE in your (preferably server)
>parameter
>> file you shouldn't. The statement (and the error) are just ignored then.
>>
>> Pete
>
>Thanks for the info. sounds a little too 'magic bullet' like to me but worth
>knowing.

Oh ye of little faith! ;)

Of course it's a magic bullet. It's provided specifically so you can migrate applications that use the SET TRANSACTION USE ROLLBACK SEGMENT command to 9i, even if you can't change the application code to remove the offending (offensive?) statement.

Pete

>--
>Niall Litchfield
>Oracle DBA
>Audit Commission UK

HTH. Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete

SELECT standard_disclaimer, witty_remark FROM company_requirements; Received on Wed Jun 26 2002 - 18:26:31 CDT