Re: Duplicate database

From: Ed Stevens <spamdump_at_nospam.noway.nohow>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 18:30:47 GMT

On Wed, 26 Jun 2002 16:16:55 +0200, Knut Talman <knut.talman_at_mytoys.de> wrote:

>Ed Stevens wrote:
>
>> Uh, OK, even as I typed the first paragraph, I remembered the DEFAULT_DOMAIN
>> parm in SQLNET.ORA. But what about INIT.ORA? Is there something there that
>> also fits into the connect mechanism? And what in LISTENER could relate to an
>> ORA-12514?
>
>init.ora:
>
>db_domain = ...
>db_name = ...
>
>listener.ora:
>
>As ORA-12514 tells you:
>
>This error will be returned if the (database) service has not been
>registered with the *listener*; a database instance that is part of this
>service may need to be started or configured properly.
>
>Regards,
>
>Knut

And so it is. That's what I get for shooting from the hip. I'll have to read up on how the items i init.ora fit in. That part has simply "always worked" for us, and so I've never had it burned into my brain by having to deal with it.

Thx.

--
Ed Stevens
(Opinions expressed do not necessarily represent those of my employer.)