Re: Oracle 8i (8.1.7.0.1) + Redhat Linux 7.2 = Cannot create tablespace file > 2 gb

From: Joe Salmeri <JoeSalmeri_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 17:51:43 GMT

I don't just blindly post requests for help until I have exhausted all other possibilities.

I have looked, I have searched google for DAYS. I've read over 100 arcticles on Oracle8i and Redhat 7.2. They all address the installation problems but nothing about the largefile issues.

I've really only found two references to >2gb tablespace issues. One is for SUSE Linux which basically says it isn't supported and the other is for Redhat Enterprise Edition which says that it supports it (that is not an option for this client).

Give me one article that discusses Redhat 7.2 + Oracle 8i + greater than 2gb tablespace support that does say RedHat Enterprise Edition.

"Knut Talman" <knut.talman_at_mytoys.de> wrote in message news:3D19E847.C332F221_at_mytoys.de...
> Joe Salmeri wrote:
> >
> > Here is the server configuration:
> >
> > Dual P3 Dell Server with 1.5 GB RAM
> > Redhat Linux 7.2
> > Oracle 8i (8.1.7.0.1)
> > Two Oracle databases created
> > Oracle TNS Listener configured
> >
> > Everything appears to be working properly with both database instances,
> > however we are unable to create a tablespace file that is larger than 2
GB.

> > I know that Oracle 8i supports tablespace files that are larger than 2
GB