Re: Tar cold backups on AIX

From: Kevin Brand <kevin.brandx_at_tel.gte.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 10:12:01 -0500

Your script returns something like this into the "files.dat" tar input file...

SID_NAME_IN_ALL_CAPS
logfile1_file_name
logfileN_file_name

You must be starting the tar command ( the script ) from the .../oradata/<you start your script in this dir>/SID_NAME_IN_ALL_CAPS

otherwise all you are backing up and restoring is the redo. What about controlfiles and configuration files?

-Kevin