Re: Duplicate database

From: Ed Stevens <spamdump_at_nospam.noway.nohow>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 13:22:36 GMT

Howard,

I replied to the first of his double postings before noticing the second, with your reply. I know that all three of those files are necessary to complete the connection picture, but specific to an ORA-12514, how do the LISTENER and INIT files fit in? I though a -12514 meant "hey, user, I can't find that connect string in my TNSNAMES file.

Uh, OK, even as I typed the first paragraph, I remembered the DEFAULT_DOMAIN parm in SQLNET.ORA. But what about INIT.ORA? Is there something there that also fits into the connect mechanism? And what in LISTENER could relate to an ORA-12514? Sign me -- "Seeking enlightenment"

--
Ed Stevens
(Opinions expressed do not necessarily represent those of my employer.)