Duplicate database

From: mike Desouza <mike_at_archoak.fsworld.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 11:10:57 +0100

Hi

Need some help on the following
I have got two databases called training on two different servers, But I am having problems connecting to one of the databases from one of the servers.

Here is my samples of the tnsnames.ora file

CLONE =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = DC_D1)(PORT = 1521))
    )
    (CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVICE_NAME = training)

    )
  )
TRAINING =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = DC_T0)(PORT = 1521))
    )
    (CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVER = DEDICATED)
(SERVICE_NAME = training)

    )
  )

But when i connect to the training database on the DC_D1 box from the dc_t0 box i get the following error

  connect sys/training_at_clone as sysdba
  ERROR:
  ORA-12514: TNS:listener could not resolve SERVICE_NAME given in connect descriptor

Any ideas

Cheers
mike Received on Wed Jun 26 2002 - 05:10:57 CDT