Re: Connection never killed

From: LM <_at_.>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 05:27:57 GMT

I have the same problem, and I already tried setting the sqlnet.expire_time Here is my sqlnet.ora file content :

# SQLNET.ORA Network Configuration File: /R0/oracle/network/admin/sqlnet.ora
# Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH= (TNSNAMES) SQLNET.EXPIRE_TIME=15 It doesn't seems to work: I connect to the database and issue an update from SQL+ or from a Java client via jdbc, then I disconnect the pc from the network, kill the application and reconnect to the network (to simulate a connection failure) but the sessions and the lock remain (they aren't killed after the expire_time has passed).
I checked that the sqlnet.ora file above was the one used by the server, and enabling trace I've seen this:

   nstimarmed: entry
   nstimarmed: no timer allocated
   nstimarmed: normal exit

which should mean that the dead connection detection isn't working... Any Idea on the reasons, maybe related to OS / DB server version? (I have an 8i v. 8.1.7.0 database on a RedHat Linux 6.2 Enterprise Ed. for Oracle)

Thanks for any help,

Luca Mearelli Received on Wed Jun 26 2002 - 00:27:57 CDT