Re: whats going on

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 10:48:26 +1000

In article <afam95$fvs$00$2_at_news.t-online.com>, you said (and I quote):

> IT professional saying learning is boring we want just click a round

and if all else fails, re-install Windows.

> can somebody without technical background, without studying,
> without sweat and pain achieve something usefull with oracle ( in 3 days at
> the best ) ?

Not with Oracel, not with ANY software product. Even Word.

> I do not like learning, I will tell my boss go for sqlserver, because it is
> "better"
> for me.

No it isn't. It just hides complexity behind the "buy more hardware" barrage.

> Also companies like to split their systems in a lot of small databases
> all working with incompatible applications, and all operated by clueless
> people.
>
> This is not good for Oracle, because this is the microsoft way.

Yup.

> Will this change in the future because billions of dollars were spend with
> nightmare systems, companies IT infrastructure is a utter patchwork today.

Nope. Not for as long as IT managers toe the M$ line. And CIOs let them get away with it.

> so what will be the future for Oracle in this environment ???

Bleak.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto