Re: Book on OCP DBA 9i

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 05:43:29 +1000

"Ryan" <rgaffuri_at_cox.net> wrote in message news:QUNR8.77542$hF5.3358517_at_news2.east.cox.net...
> This BS. Any indication if they are going to make you pay them that
> ridiculous sum of money every time they go to a new version after this?
>
> I dont mind making people take the class however, the cost is obscene plus
> its during the damn day and Id have to miss work.

I personally have a great deal of difficulty gritting my teeth hard enough when I get students who somehow feel that attending a course *isn't* work. What's even worse, their own bosses somehow think they're on a holiday camp, too... so we get the inevitable mountain of mobile phone calls, etc etc etc.

Training *is* work. Or ought to be.

Professional development, I think they used to call it.

Regards
HJR

http://www.oracle.com/education/certification/index.html?dba9i_ocpcoursereq.