Re: Can't drop Procedure

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 19:44:09 +0200

On 25 Jun 2002 00:57:52 -0700, irfan_pk_at_hotmail.com (Md Irfan) wrote:

>Hello,
>I could not able to drop this procedure.
>
>SVRMGR> select owner, object_name, object_id, object_type from all_objects
> 2> where object_name='UPDINVDT';
>
>OWNER OBJECT_NAME OBJECT_ID OBJECT_TYPE
>----- ------------------------ ---------------------- ---------------
>SCOTT UPDINVDT 35772 PROCEDURE
>
>1 row selected.
>
>SVRMGR> drop procedure UPDINVDT;
>drop procedure UPDINVDT
>*
>ORA-04043: object UPDINVDT does not exist
>
>SQL> show user
>user is "SCOTT"
>
>Thanks ...

Had a similar issue a few weeks ago.
Was forced to rebuild the database because of corrupt datadictionary. I came to this decision because I got a 4043 on the table DUAL (Yuck!) and RMAN is fully relying on it.
Verifying the datadictionary directly,
(select * from obj$ where name = 'DUAL') I got three records back. The table, the public synonym, and a record of type 'UNDEFINED' owned by my user.
Likely you have the same problem. Export/import didn't resolve it, so I had to scratch the database. It was a mess anyway, as people had been deleting archivelogs without updating the catalog.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Tue Jun 25 2002 - 12:44:09 CDT