Re: Book on OCP DBA 9i

From: David Lord <davelord_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 15:54:29 +0200

No. In this case the course is not a requirement. If you are already an OCP (in the DBA track) or you have already passed 1 or more exams in the 9i DBA track then a course is not required to complete certification.

OCP's with 7, 8 or 8i certifications need only take the upgrade exam(s) without the training requirement. IMO this only highlights the economical nature of this change as it is clear that training is not an additional requirement to overcome the increased complexity of 9i (indeed they say it is 48% less complex) but required for some other reason.

Cynically, one may feel the reason is to boost Oracle Educations' falling revenues, or to reduce the number of people passing without any real world experience (and therefore showing the true worth of the certification itself) or perhaps both.

http://www.oracle.com/education/certification/index.html?dba9i_ocpcoursereq.