Re: Daniel Morgan and Syband Bakker

From: Jeff <jeff_at_work.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 12:40:35 GMT

In article <tYJR8.140065$nZ3.58485_at_rwcrnsc53>, "Joe" <joegenshlea_at_attbi.com> wrote:
>Thanks for your help.
>
>Daniel:
>
>Your answer to the Weibull post on 6/21/02 was as silly to an Economist or
>Statistician as my post was on TUNING.
>
>Syband:
>
>First of all it strikes me that so many people who are insecure about their
>intellect chose to use two-dollar words when a more common word is
>sufficient. Do you think that you could have used the word "spelling" in
>leiu of "orthography"? Do you refer to cars as "internal combustion
>personal transport vehicles"? Secondly , I have been racking my brain on
>how to spell "tuning" with one "n".... is it "tunig" or "tuing"?

*ROFL* I guess you're supposed to share the "n." Saaaaay... does MTS also stand for "Multi-Threaded Spelling"? I personally use dedicated n's when spelling "tuning." It takes a little more memory and is less efficient perhaps when reading, but I like the response time better. ;-)

>>First of all it strikes me that so many people are incapable to grasp
>>the correct orthography of the word 'tuning', with *one* n.
>>Secondly, if you only think a *little*, you could know a
>>sort_area_size of 1 G for a system with 2 G is clearly outrageous and
>>ridiculous. Sort_area_size is a per process limit, if you are not
>>running dedicated server the sort_area_siz is NOT in the SGA, so
>>evidently, the disk lamp in your server must be continually on,
>>because you force the server to page *all the time*.

Sybrand, if you are NOT "running dedicated server" (you're running MTS?) and using shared server processes, then the sort area is in the UGA, which IS in the SGA. If you ARE using dedicated server processes, the sort area is in the PGA and not the SGA. Received on Tue Jun 25 2002 - 07:40:35 CDT