Re: [RMAN]

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 22:45:48 +1000

Hi Christian,

Yes, it needs to read the headers of the initialised blocks but if a large portion of them don't need to be recopied then you can save yourself a significant amount of time.

My recommendation would be to test an incremental strategy and see the benefits. If you only have a 5 hour window, you may want to consider performing a hot backup with RMAN which doesn't have quite the same overheads (although 5 hours may be sufficient time with the incremental backup).

I would also recommend testing your restore performance to help determine an appropriate incremental strategy.

Regards

Richard