Re: db block size, too big wasting buffer?

From: Andrew Mobbs <andrewm_at_chiark.greenend.org.uk>
Date: 25 Jun 2002 11:46:35 +0100 (BST)

Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam> wrote:

>Yup, very good points. The blurb about 9i initially made a lot of the
>multiple block sizes, but in all reality they are more (at this stage) to
>be used as you describe. One lives in hope, though... ;-)

Having said that, in the benchmark fantasy-land, people are using multiple block sizes e.g. in:

http://www.tpc.org/tpcc/results/tpcc_result_detail.asp?id=102052301

Given the comments here though, and the fact we try to run our benchmarks as close to a realistic production configuration as possible, I think I'll hold off using that trick for a while at least.

--
Andrew Mobbs - http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~andrewm/