Re: To dual processor or not?

From: Ganesh Raja <ganesh_at_gtfs-gulf.com>
Date: 25 Jun 2002 00:40:05 -0700

Hi,

There is a White Paper in quest which Gaja has written about various myths prevailing in Oracle.

He has also mentioned about why if you had processors the Oracle may not perform better.

A Gist from there ... In My Own words.

When you had a Processor to you server and the IO Bandwith is going to be the same then the Processors are going to spend maximum time Waiting for the IO to complete .. Finally you dont achieve Anything.

Have a read of that paper it is worth every word !!!

Regards,
Ganesh R