Re: Oracle 9i tunning

From: Herman de Boer <h.de.boer_at_itcg.nl>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 06:30:01 GMT

Hello,

please note that the oracle internal sorting routines in 9i have been rewritten. Before 9i, for very large sorts, I personally never set sort_area_size higher than 2Mb - agree with sg. But, in 9i, more memory *does* shorten the sorting time.

Kind Regards,

Herman de Boer
sr consultant
IT Consultancy Group bv.