Moving Oracle spatial from one database to another

From: George Leontiadis <gleon_at_dblab.ece.ntua.gr>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 07:52:15 +0300

I have a 8.1.7 database with spatial option. Our GIS application people have uploaded quite bit of GIS data into Oracle spatial.

Now for a couple of reasons, I want to create/rebuild a new 8i database with spatial option too (no any actual spatial data in it yet) and want to move the spatial data from existing database to this new database using export/import. One problem is Oracle does NOT allow MDSYS user (who owns the metadata tables) to be exported.

Does any one know any workaround or have good/bad experience for doing similar thing? To moving the required metadata, can I simply populate the MDSYS.SDO_GEOM_METADATA_TABLE in the new database with the data in the same table in the existing database?

Thanks for any suggestion/comment. Received on Mon Jun 24 2002 - 23:52:15 CDT