Re: Oracle 9i tunning

From: Joe <joegenshlea_at_attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 20:11:36 GMT

Most 747s are acutally flow by autopilot...so SQL server would be the 747 I guess. The only think I need a little help with is the "takeoff".

I am not building some huge enterprise db warehouse, it is a single user db with a couple big tables with respect to the size of the box I am running the db on. I only want to get some basic configuration advice so that what little resources my box has are working most efficiently...and I promise that I won't go around flaming Oracle if things don't work out...I am already sold on Oracle...I LIKE ORACLE.

Joe

"Daniel Morgan" <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message news:3D177B25.B234AD5_at_exesolutions.com...
> Joe wrote:
>
> > Wow, judging by the tone of the two responses of my post, I have decided
> > that being an Oracle DBA must be *way* too stressful for me to handle.
> > think SQL server is the correct choice for me.
> >
> > "Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message

> > default
> > DML
> > the
> > extend