Re: Access Frontend - Case Sensitivity

From: Bricklen Anderson <bricklen_at_shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 19:24:22 GMT

Hi Howard. I'm currently working on an Access front-end (GUI for internal users). Due to Access' annoying habits/locking/commits, I've just used command buttons for all code that is executed. Eg. When the Save button is pushed, it fires off (for example):

DoCmd.RunSQL("INSERT INTO t VALUES
(Ucase(name),number,valueA,Ucase(valueB))") ...

This allows me to dictate what needs to be uppercase on for inserts (or updates).

No problems over the last 3 months with it.

Not that I know much about Access except what I've had to learn over the past few months to work in it (as the front-end).

hth

Bricklen.

if you need clarification etc, just drop me a line.