9.2 on Windows XP?

From: Imprecise <f_puhan_at_precise.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 15:02:09 -0400

Here's the scenario:

I downloaded O9i 9.2.0.1 because I want to investigate its new features. Unfortunately, I can't uninstall 8.1.7 from my work computer (a laptop) since I'm required to use it to give product demos, and full support for 9i is still a month or two away.

However, my daughter left her Dell Dimension PC here for the summer (I guess she doesn't need it during the school break) which runs Windows XP Home Edition.

I'd like to install on her machine, but having scanned technet and metalink for product matrices and certifications, I can't tell whether the only version of XP supported is the "Pro" version or other (IS there a real difference, or is it the same as the old "NT/NT Workstation" issue?). I don't want to munge up my daughter's computer, nor do I want to spend useless hours on a futile chase, if this isn't possible.

Has anyone already done this? Any "gotchas" that one should know about?

TIA

--
The underscore character does not belong in my address. You know the drill...
***