Re: Accessing environment variables

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 19:34:11 +0200

On Mon, 24 Jun 2002 13:20:41 +0200, "Tronak" <jmoreno_at_hag.esIHATESPAM> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I would like a Oracle 8.3.4 trigger to read some environment values from the
>Citrix session which is accessing the database.
>Each Citrix session creates a CLIENTNAME variable which contains the
>connecting terminal name. I need this value to be inserted into an auditing
>table. Of course, this is performed by a trigger within Oracle server when
>user is trying to execute some "auditable" actions.
>
>Could anyone help me?
>
>Thank you in advance.
>
>PD. Server: Oracle 8.3.4 on Windows 2000 SP2
> Citrix Server: Windows 2000 AS SP2
> OracleInProcServer, Oracle Objects For Ole,
>VB5SP3, Oracle 8.3.4 client.

There is no such thing as 8.3.4 and 7.3.4 is desupported, and has also never been certified against win2k.
If the clientname variable contains the connecting terminal, I think it would end up in the terminal column of v$session. There is *no* way from the server to query *client* environment variables. Evidently, however, you can use the dbms_application_info package to get a similar result.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Mon Jun 24 2002 - 12:34:11 CDT