Re: end-of-file on communication channel?

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 15:52:42 GMT

Fred wrote:

> Could someone help with these errors? I am not sure where to begin from an
> Oracle angle troubleshooting them. Is there a specific log in regard to the
> database I should examine?
> Yes, this is amatuer hour...
>
> TIA, Larry

Where to begin:

  1. Post the platform ... hardware and operating system with version (for example Sun Ultra 5 with Solaris 2.8)
  2. Post the version of Oracle (for example 8.1.7.3 or 8i release 3)
  3. Post the full and complete Oracle error message (for example ORA-03113 blah blah blah)
  4. Finally ... is this a first time installation or is it something that just started in an existing system?

I tried looking over your should but I couldn't find my reading glasses. ;-)

Daniel Morgan Received on Mon Jun 24 2002 - 10:52:42 CDT