Datafiles: one more try

From: Martijn Rutte <opal_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: 24 Jun 2002 02:38:22 -0700

Gentlemen,

I seem to have caused a lot of upheavel with my queston about backing up oracle files not using the oracle backup facilities.

I fully understand your concern (you are, of course, absolutely right).

The thing is, I am trying to save what can be saved. Of course I'd like to use RMAN or any other device to safely backup an Oracle datbase.

But i can't, because I am simply not allowed to do so.

So, if anyone in here happens to know more about Windows caching/writing mutations to files, I would be very thankful to hear about it.

Kind regards,

Martijn Rutte Received on Mon Jun 24 2002 - 04:38:22 CDT