Re: The demise of the Oracle professional?

From: Clyde <flyinghigh1962_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 23 Jun 2002 23:19:41 -0700

> It's a lot more than just that. That's just the convenient excuse. It
> involves state and federal politics. And a certain political party.
> Keep your eyes peeled for Graeme Philipson's column in tuesday's SMH Next
> section. He's started to look into the scam that is DBA and IT contract
> hiring in general in Australia.
>
> I don't imagine for a second he's gonna be allowed to speak openly as
> there is w-a-a-a-y too much moolah (and a LOT of politics) involved. But
> at least he's now got the detailed data and hundreds of e-mails from a
> large group of people who don't like what they see.
>
> It's very likely that at least something will transpire...

Fascinating thread, and a lot of good information to it. This is the post that first caught my eye. Man, change the names, and it sounds exactly like Sacramento California in the US! Oracle is in deep for some questionable state contracts up here as well. Still unfolding, and no telling how deep it will go! Sure as hell doesn't help the job picture--either on a short or a long term basis! I'm beginning to wonder where else Oracle is pulling this stuff--or is the question how much longer until they're caught? Anybody else hearing stuff like this elsewhere? Or is this just standard operating procedure?

Time to expand the skill set again, but isn't that the devil's own deal we all made when we volunteered for this tour of duty? :)

Take care everyone!!

Clyde Received on Mon Jun 24 2002 - 01:19:41 CDT