Re: Misleading Statistics?

From: D.Y. <dyou98_at_aol.com>
Date: 21 Jun 2002 20:23:13 -0700

"John Beresniewicz" <jberesniewicz_at_comcast.net> wrote in message news:<RotQ8.50721$_j6.2671508_at_bin3.nnrp.aus1.giganews.com>...
> > reads disappear. That makes perfect sense. But why the difference in
> logical
> > I/O's (db block gets + consistent gets) and sorts? Any ideas?
>
> Dictionary cache load perhaps? (note reduction in recursive calls also)
> JB

The dictionary information for this object should already be in cache, since it's frequently referenced. I also think the I/O stats are for the buffer cache only, and some of the recursive calls in the first SQL are used to retrieve data blocks from disk. But I'll double check these. Received on Fri Jun 21 2002 - 22:23:13 CDT