'03114 - Unable to connect' - Help!!

From: Derek Megyesi <dmegyesi_at_truecontext.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 14:13:52 -0400

Hello,

I am a Verification Engineer at a local startup in Ottawa and we are installing Oracle 8i (8.1.7) on our Solaris 8 box. I am using the OUI (Oracle Universal Installer) GUI to do the installation and no matter what I do, I keep getting this pop-up error window "ORA-03114 - Unable to connect to Oracle."

I have looked on the web for help and this problem is very common, yet the solutions that people give or very vague and often very techy. Oracle installation on unix should be very easy ..trivial.. I have done al the steps..set my semaphores, creating oracle and apache accounts, made the permissions correct. The problem is that Oracle can't talk to the Database.

  1. What does the above error mean? and how is it generated?
  2. What is the solution? How do I fix it?? Any help is valued !!

Please help!

Email me at dmegyesi_at_truecontext.com

Derek Received on Fri Jun 21 2002 - 13:13:52 CDT