Re: 30 instances on one host

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 21 Jun 2002 07:48:15 -0700

In article <3d132ff1$0$233$ed9e5944_at_reading.news.pipex.net>, "Niall says...

>Because of demand. I wonder though if its chicken and egg. ISTM that OPS/RAC
>*could* be applicable to a rather larger number of organisations than those
>that actually use them. If more DBAs were at least intoduced to RAC then
>,maybe, more sites would use it.

True. And I think this is probably more the case with RAC since you have to worry a lot less about configuring it for performance than we used to do with OPS.

>--
>Niall Litchfield
>Oracle DBA
>Audit Commission UK
>Please include version and platform
>and SQL where applicable
>It makes life easier and increases the
>likelihood of a good answer

>"Rene Nyffenegger" <rene.nyffenegger_at_gmx.ch> wrote in message
>> > Does *anyone* teach OPS/RAC?
>>

>> Did I miss something? Why would you be surprised if someone taught
>> OPS/RAC?
>>
>> Rene
>>

>> --
>> Recherchen im schweizerischen Handelsregister:
>> http://www.adp-gmbh.ch/SwissCompanies/Search.php3

HTH. Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete

SELECT standard_disclaimer, witty_remark FROM company_requirements; Received on Fri Jun 21 2002 - 09:48:15 CDT