Some problem confusing me a long time.

From: xyz <zyx_at_qzmcb.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 09:14:57 +0800

1.
On metalink,I was told to use "alter system kill session" at Database level before using "kill -9 spid" at os levelĄŁ But our local Oracle Supporting Engineers told me to use
"kill -9 spid" on os level because the latter is more thorough.
Who is right?
2.
After I used the first method to kill some inactive sessions, I cannot find the spid's in v$process, and all the PADDR's of "killed" session are the same. Why?
3.
I found some sessions marked "SNIPED". Our local Oracle Supporting Engineers told me the SNIPED sessions are the sessions that had reached their resource limits in their profiles, and I must use
"kill -9 spid" at os level periodically. Why cannot the oracle background
process PMON clear the "SNIPED" processs? Thanks in advance. Received on Thu Jun 20 2002 - 20:14:57 CDT