Re: shrinking undo tablespace

From: sg <s4v4g3_at_europe.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 02:06:56 +0200

I am aware of that command however I mean undo tablespace not temporary tablespace, for example if somehow my undo increases to a very big size how can I reduce it? In RBS we could shrink manually then reduce tablespace size but in 9i this seems very hard, or we have to wait SMON wakes up and frees up extents or we have to drop the undo tablespace and create a new one. Are there any more options?