cant be run via terminal server?

From: Glen A Stromquist <glen_stromquist_at_nospam.yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 20:56:57 GMT

"Glen A Stromquist" <glen_stromquist_at_nospam.yahoo.com> wrote in message news:sdqQ8.36317$vo2.1472930_at_news2.telusplanet.net...
> This is the scenario:
>
> I installed 8.1.7 on 2000 advanced server, copied another 8.1.7 database
> over off of an older machine by cloning (create/start service using
oradim,
> recreate controlfile etc...)
>
> I now have to migrate an older 7.3.3 db to this machine, used dbassistant
> create the neccesary scripts to create a db to import into. Set up the new
> sid in tnsnames.ora, listener.ora, also did the "set ORACLE_SID=[SID]".
When
> I try to start svrmgrl or sqllplus to run the create database script I get
> ORA-12560.
>
> What causes server manager to come up with this error? Anything I have
> looked up suggests creating the service manually (which I did), but I
can't
> start server manager up without logging directly into an existing db.
>
> suggestions?
>

> TIA
After double checking everything, even following another's advice to hack the registry and add a line that says "ORACLE_SID = {mysid}", still no success.

But one thing I didn't mention was that I was trying to do all this from my workstation via terminal server, which I did not think there would be any issues with.

It appears that there is, I went to the server itself and logged in to server manager with no errors at all, then created my database and am waiting for the catalog and catproc scripts to finish.

Still at a loss as to why a connection is not possible thru terminal server, although "svrmgrl user/pwd_at_database" does work thru terminal server ok. Received on Thu Jun 20 2002 - 15:56:57 CDT