Is RMAN stable enough to trust your backup to it?

From: Anton Buijs <aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 22:15:32 +0200

We are considering to start using RMAN to make backups, both offline backup and hot backup.
Environment: Oracle V8.1.7.3 EE 64-bit HP-UX 11i with Veritas as backup tool.

My main concern is if it's stable. The horror scenario is that I can't restore a backup because a backup set appears to be corrupt because of a RMAN bug.

Who has enough experience with RMAN to convince me that I can sleep well while RMAN makes the backups?

Anton Buijs Received on Thu Jun 20 2002 - 15:15:32 CDT