Re: Good Oracle DBA book

From: Ryan Gaffuri <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: 20 Jun 2002 05:02:07 -0700

I have your 8i book on my desk now. Its excellent. However, its more of a second level DBA book. There are quite a few basics to learn before someone should step into it. Kind of like Kytes One on One book. Neither are really appropriate for true beginners.

For an entry level DBA book go with the new Beginning Oracle Programming by Dillon, Kyte, et all. Id also recommend the DBA Interactive Workbook. Yes its very basic, but there are exercises in it, which are unbelievably helpful when your just learning.