Re: urgent: production database hangs on mount stage and won't open

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 20 Jun 2002 02:06:54 -0700

chao_ping <chao_ping_at_163.com> wrote in message news:<3d1021e5$1_at_usenetgateway.com>...
> Oracle support suggest reboot the server, but as there is 16 other instance on
> it, it is not the solution. Can anyone help? Great thanks.

I suggest you wait for off hours and reboot the server. I hope that you haven't 16 instances on server which is used 24x7 with SLA not permitting any shutdown.
Really critical systems are always placed on separate servers.

Dusan Bolek, Ing.
Oracle team leader

Note: pagesflames_at_usa.net has been cancelled due to changes (maybe we
can call it an overture to bankruptcy) on that server. I'm still using
this email to prevent SPAM. Maybe one day I will change it and have a
proper mail even for news, but right now I can be reached by this
email.