Re: 30 instances on one host

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 17:43:52 +1000

"Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message news:3D117027.54DF33F9_at_exesolutions.com...
> "Howard J. Rogers" wrote:
>

> Instances or databases? They are not the same thing.
>
> Daniel Morgan

For goodness' sake! The words "eggs", "grandmother" and "suck" spring to mind.

Teach startup and shutdown to 12 students, and do so without having 12 instances. Let me know how you get on.

So yes, I mean Instances. And since an Instance can only ever open 1 database, I also mean databases. When I teach OPS or RAC, and get a situation where 1 database can be opened by more than 1 instance, I'll let you know.

HJR Received on Thu Jun 20 2002 - 02:43:52 CDT