Re: about data warehouse

From: Mason <mason_at_yeah.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 14:13:42 +0800

    Well, thanks for your adivce.
    Because all of us do not have experience on how to implement data warehouse using Oracle, but in future it is beneficial for our company to develop DSS. Now indeed we just start a test and that is report server, we hope the project will help us to get some experiences so that when we start to further develop we will make our project better.

    Now IN our MIS server there are about 100 table contained in Oracle 7.3 and All MIS was developed by us, consequently we are quite familiar with these table and we know how to extract data.

    We plan to extract data twice one day from MIS server to Report server and size is about 200 MB one time. And then we will develop report tools which will show reports in web pages.

    I think it is simple to finish the job. But we are beginner, :-)     The problem we now encounter is How to using Oracle tools to construct a data warehouse which requires strict and seamless control of data content, data refresh, mornitoring, and maintenance.

    Well, we will study Oracle tools about data warehouse, but we quite appreciate for your help and advice.

    Thanks again.

    Regards,

Mason Received on Thu Jun 20 2002 - 01:13:42 CDT