Re: Investigation Bind Variables

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 00:47:48 +0200

On Wed, 19 Jun 2002 17:38:53 -0400, Forte Agent <1443131_at_usenetplanet.com> wrote:

>When a user X declares whole bunch of bind variables and submit SQL
>using those bind variables, is there some way for a DBA to find which
>bind variables the user X has created and their values? I can easily
>pinpoint user session, generate trace file (with bind variable info by
>doing "exec dbms_system.set_ev( SID, SERIAL#, 10046, 4, '');", but I
>do not know how by looking up dynamic performance views such as
>v$sql_bind_data, and so on. Besides, the bind variable info in trace
>file does not show the name of bind variables.
>
>Views such as sys.v_$sql_bind_data and sys.v_$sql_bind_metadata show a
>bunch of info, but I do not know how to map/join those to a specific
>database session in question and that is exactly what I need to do (I
>know. Accessing SYS views such as V_$???? can turn out to be bad
>thing to do, but I need to do whatever it takes). Thank you in
>advance.

Likely the views you refer to have column called hash_value and a column called address.
Those 2 columns link to (among others)

v$sqlarea
v$sqltext_with_newlines
v$open_cursor

etc
etc
etc

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Wed Jun 19 2002 - 17:47:48 CDT