Re: Data- and control files not updated after insert?!!

From: Sean M <smckeownNO_at_BACKSIESearthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 16:34:54 -0600

"Howard J. Rogers" wrote:

> It is really very simple: You cannot cheat the system. There are no
> circumstances when you can avoid using 'begin backup' and 'end backup',
> unless you are using RMAN, or unless you are using some form of 'split
> mirror-copy-resilver' technique... and even there, I'd be wary.

Agreed 100% - I'd go even farther and say, to the best of my knowledge, no sort of disk subsystem/split-mirror technology can prevent fractured blocks during an Oracle hotbackup. All of the ones I've had experience with require the begin/end backup command (unless of course the TS is read-only or offline).

Regards,
Sean M Received on Wed Jun 19 2002 - 17:34:54 CDT