How do u insert a virtual node into a table

From: julio <julio33_at_whomail.com>
Date: 19 Jun 2002 17:00:06 -0500

using 8.1.6 on sun server with Sun OS 2.7

We have the following data which provides a train line, a station and a food stand

line       station   food_stand    profit
SS530   1               D300            132
SS530   1               D301-1          23
SS530   1               D302-1          75
SS530   2               D305            54
SS530   2               D306            243
SS530   2               D307            129

we want to be able to roll up to the station and line level. To do so we want to map the relationship between the station and food_stand as such

1       D300
1       D301-1
1       D302-1
2       D305
2       D306
2       D307

that is doable, but what we want to also do is create a 'node' between stations and food_stands so that a station is connected to a node and each stand at that station is connected to that node as such

1                 node_1
node_1       D301-1
node_1       D302-1
node_1       D305
2               node_2
node_2       D306
node_2       D307

Questions:

Is this doable via SQL without pl/sql?

If not some ideas for pl/sql psuedo code would be greatly appreciated

Julio and Colin and Lyse

See my babies at

http://www.geocities.com/colin_and_lyse/colin_lyse.html Received on Wed Jun 19 2002 - 17:00:06 CDT