Urgent!!! Upgrade Oracle and Hardware question ?

From: Frank <mostadam_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 19 Jun 2002 12:46:37 -0700

We have

Oracle 8.0.5 on Win NT 4.0

We move to

Oracle 8.1.6 on Win 2k advance server

Questions for Gurus:

Any danger that performance decrease??? I heared some folks some stored procs after these kind of upgrade getting very slow.

What is the Hardware config you best recommended. Mostly about Hard Drive, RAID and Tape Backup and Network card

For CPU we will use Dual Dell PowerEdge and We will have 2 GIG RAM but Hard Drive we dont know. DB size is aroung 40 GIG but will expand to 100 GIG in 3 years.

Thanks for replies in advance. Received on Wed Jun 19 2002 - 14:46:37 CDT