Re: 30 instances on one host

From: Sean M <smckeownNO_at_BACKSIESearthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 13:33:03 -0600

NorwoodThree wrote:

> Even for the classroom example I CANNOT justify the need for a
> crapload of databases. Oracle has these things called "schemas" which
> can take care of the need for this type of bloat.

OK Norwood, then please explain to me how, in your "schema" world, you'd manage to teach a class on backup and recovery which requires each student in the class to practice B&R in the lab exercises. Ever try to have 30 different DBA's recover the same database at the same time independently? It doesn't work so well. I can provide plenty of other examples if you're genuinely interested and not simply trolling.

> You can find more information on Oracle "schemas" at Oracle school or
> via your favorate Oracle book at Amazon.

Your Sybrand impression needs work.

Regard,
Sean M Received on Wed Jun 19 2002 - 14:33:03 CDT