ORA-1031, dbastudio, imp?

From: Luke Scharf <luke_at_vt.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 08:34:33 -0400

The real problem:
I'm attempting to import a dump file generated by exp on another machine.  I want to create a development-copy of the real database so that I can do Bad Things without any risk to the production database.

Can you all point me to any documentation or offer any advice on this?

The problem at hand:
When using dbastudio's Tools | Data Managment | Imort tool, I get either "ORA-1031" or "the preferred credientials are not set or are invalid". I've checked the passwords, and the users I've tried have been assigned the DBA privelage and they are conencting in the "SYSDBA" mode.

So, I did some google searches and found that people recommend setting the DBA-related passwords with orapwd. Unfortunately, I can't find any examples on how to do this. What should the "file=" parameter be set to?

Thanks in advance!
-Luke Received on Wed Jun 19 2002 - 07:34:33 CDT