Can't run SQL on my Win98 system. ERROR : Tns :no listener

From: Sandeep Pathak <sppc42_at_rediffmail.com>
Date: 19 Jun 2002 02:25:27 -0700

i have installed Oracle8i, personal edition and want to run my PC as a standalone local database system. On running SQL*PLUS, i enter the following parameteres -

	NAME : scott
	PASS : tiger
	HOST : localhost

this runs absolutely fine, as it removed my earlier error (TNS : protocol adapter error) . but now i new error is displayed at the SQL*PLUS screen :

                        TNS : No Listener

now to correct this , i went thru all the help files, which advised me to run the "lsnrctl" utility. but ,to add to the problem, there is no such file on my PC! please help me out by telling me how to resolve this error and getting me help start my SQL.

Also, if the above error is removed and my SQL starts, please tell me how to get the connectivity between D2K and SQL*PLUS? Received on Wed Jun 19 2002 - 04:25:27 CDT