OCCI (C++) with REF CURSORS from stored procedures

From: Kristian Ashton <kristian.ashton_at_t-online.de>
Date: 19 Jun 2002 01:38:53 -0700

Hi all.

I may be missing something extremely obvious here...but I'll ask anyway.

I have been writing many Oracle apps in C++ using the OCCI (Oracle 9i) with great success. I now want to be able to call some of my stored procedures (written in PL/SQL) from within my OCCI apps. This in itself is simple, however my stored procedures (functions actually) return a REF CURSOR and I'd like to know how I can then use this REF CURSOR in my C++ app.

I know that in Java you can register the output param as the type OracleType.CURSOR and then perform the following:

BEGIN :1 := myFunc (:2, :3); END;

How do I then achieve this in C++ with the OCCI so that I can then assign the returned REF CURSOR to my result set ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Kristian. Received on Wed Jun 19 2002 - 03:38:53 CDT